|1. Authority – Complete set of Open Space and Lake Area Regulations available upon request.
2. Admittance – Proof of full time, year round Monroe residency is mandatory. All others pay non-resident rates. Special exceptions may be granted by the Commission. To be admitted to the Great Hollow Lake area from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day each vehicle must have a current park sticker affixed to the left front windshield or pay a daily vehicle fee. All facilities used at one’s own risk. To be admitted to the beach everyone must present their own appropriate member identification (e.g. color, age, etc.) each visit or pay a daily or guest fee [good for one hour minimum]. Full replacement charge for each missing membership I.D. unless receipt or cancelled check is presented (see fee schedule). A record of lost cards will be kept at the pool. LOANING OF CARDS MAY TERMINATE THEIR USAGE FOR REMAINDER OF THE SEASON WITHOUT A REFUND. The Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to schedule lessons, meets, special events, adult swims and to limit the capacity or clear the beach area for health and safety reasons.
3. Prohibited Uses – In addition to a ban on littering, pets and alcohol the following uses are strictly prohibited (unless specifically permitted by Commission or its assignees in writing): A. Vehicles, Parking, Traffic 1. Operation or parking of a motor vehicle outside of designated areas (boat ramp area for vehicles towing or carrying boats only). 2. Operating in excess of 20 M.P.H. or in violation of state law. 3. Buses, trucks in excess of 4,500 lbs. and any type of off road motorized vehicle. 4. Bicycling on designated walking trails (except the rails trail), beach, patios or grass areas (park bikes in racks only). 5. Violation of any posted sign. 6. Parking or entering without yearly sticker or daily receipt visible as per dates and times above. 7. Entering after capacity has been exceeded. B. Beach and Waterfront 1. Being in the water outside of the designated area for swimming or on the beach without membership I.D. or proof of daily or guest fee. All users swim at their own risk and must enter through main gate only. 2. Utilizing area during lightning or thunderstorms (entire area will be cleared from the first sound of thunder until 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder). 3. Use by anyone under 10 years of age unless accompanied and directly supervised by an adult (minimum 18 years old).
4. Running, hanging on buoy lines, spitting, blowing of the nose, swearing, fighting, threatening, vandalism, horseplay, smoking, littering, gum, glass containers, bottles, model boats, grills or fires.
5. Beach balls, flippers, inner tubes, life jackets, face masks, snorkels, bubbles, water wings or any other type of flotation device (unless permanently part of a bathing suit).
6. VISITING WITH LIFEGUARDS ON DUTY. ALL LIFEGUARD STATIONS AND RESCUE BOAT/EQUIPMENT FOR GUARD USE ONLY. LEAVE CLEAR ACCESS FROM LIFEGUARD CHAIRS TO WATERS EDGE.
7. Excessive loudness electronic equipment.
8. Infants and untrained children who are not wearing rubber pants and swim diapers in the water.
9. Bathing in water or any type of indecent exposure.
10. Throwing of any object or balls on beach areas except in area specifically designated for such use.
11. Utilizing beach umbrellas between lifeguard chairs and waters edge.
12. Carrying, towing or throwing another person.
13. Disobeying the instructions or warning of lifeguard or other park personnel.
14. The usage of any photographic device in the locker rooms, bathrooms or shower areas is prohibited.
Beach Wheelchair- A beach wheelchair is available. If reservations are requested contact the Monroe Parks and Recreation Department Monday-Friday 8:30-1; 2-4:30 at 452-2806. 5. Penalties and Enforcement – Violators of any park rules may result in loss of privileges without refund and/or be subject to penalties or fines.