Skip to content
Monroe Parks and Recreation Department
How to Register
Town of Monroe
For the best browsing experience, please upgrade to
IE 9 or greater
Skip to nav
Route 34 before Stevenson Dam
Rules and Regulations- Boat Ramp
Use of facilities restricted to year round Monroe resident permit holders who possess a current State of Connecticut safe boating certificate.
1. Yearly ($70) –sold to Monroe residents only at Wolfe Park. Daily ($30) – sold to Monroe residents only by ramp attendant when on duty weekends and holidays from Memorial Day weekend to Columbus Day.
2. Identifying sticker must be AFFIXED to front left window of vehicle at all times (one sticker and one card per purchased boat ramp pass).
3. Ramp card must be shown to attendant at ramp’s entrance prior to launching boat. 4. Loaning of card and/or sticker will terminate permit’s usage for remainder of season.
1. Park in lot (closest to dam – NOT ACROSS FROM LAKE ZOAR DRIVE IN) or entrance area only (parking is not allowed on left hand side of ramp driveway, ramp, handicapped area or water front).
2. Please back trailers into outer edges of lot using minimum space.
3. Daily parking permission for guests of permit holders available for a $25 fee payable to boat ramp attendant when on duty.
4. All vehicles without current stickers at ramp or parking areas are subject to police action (tickets, fines, towing, etc.) daily from April 1 through Columbus Day. Illegally parked cars are subject to police action year round. 5. Please enter and exit at marked locations.
RAMP AND DOCK
1. Area to be used for launching and boarding of boats only.
2. DO NOT tie up ramp or leave boat unattended for a long period of time.
3. No fishing or swimming from or near dock.
4. Please dispose of refuse properly. Trash barrels(s) for ramp users daily generated trash only.
5. Animals (including all pets) are not allowed in the area.
6. Entry ramp area is a “no wake” zone.
7. The consumption of alcoholic beverages in the ramp, dock and parking areas is prohibited.
Lake Zoar Map
Click on an activity name for details or the date for the activity schedule.
-- Entire Facility --
There are no activities happening on the selected dates.
View All Facilities